Commercial Loan Officer
Do you value your FAMILY, COMMUNITY and CLIENTS?
Would you like to join a client-focused team where family and community are valued and your voice will have an impact?
Bank of Belleville is the smaller bank that delivers bigger service.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Manages a portfolio of loans which meet established lending requirements and which provide maximum profitability for the Bank with a minimum of risk. Solicits and develops all types of business activity, specializing in commercial loan relationships. Through the loan function, the incumbent is expected to generate deposits and income fees for the Bank.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and manages moderately complex loan accounts; interviews loan applicants, collects and analyzes information which reflects the current credit worthiness of customers and the current merits of existing loans. Information may be obtained in a variety of methods, including inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of financial reports, and personal interview.
2. Establishes, and negotiates where necessary, the terms under which credit will be extended, including the costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral.
3. Approves loans up to stated lending limit and in general, handles the moderately complex loans of the Bank.
4. Monitors loan repayment activities and takes necessary action to collect past due accounts.
5. Represents the Bank with business, trade associations and customers; promotes the Bank’s image as a good corporate citizen.
6. May participate in community and business functions and determine the various depository and credit needs of the Bank’s market area to ensure that Community Reinvestment (CRA) objectives are being met.
7. May supervise loan administration and loan processing staff.
8. May perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists with documenting loans to ensure complete loan files are maintained; works with customers and loan accounting/payment issues as needed.
1. A high level of interpersonal skills to communicate effectively throughout the Bank and to represent the Bank positively to the public and to cultivate working relationships with current and potential commercial loan accounts.
2. Under general supervision, analyze and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
3. Familiar with Excel and Microsoft Word. Good written and verbal skills.
4. A thorough knowledge of all banking services.
1. Comply with all requirements, policies and procedures of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and attend all mandatory BSA training as needed for this position. Additionally, required to complete all required compliance and regulatory training, not limited to BSA.
- A technical level of knowledge normally acquired through completion of a program in business administration, finance and/or related area and over 5 years of increasingly responsible experience in lending.
You may stop by the bank to apply in person or for your convenience you can email email@example.com your resume.